Sunday, October 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

Well we made it back from Memphis about 4:00 today, and I am sooo glad to be home! It was a great trip but I am exhausted! That's a loooong ride!!!
We got up there around 10:30 Friday night and it was straight to bed! Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast with Alisa, Ben, Connor, and Linlee. After that we showered and Todd took me for a ride to show me some things in Memphis. He took me to the Lumber School where got his degree in Lumber Inspection. He also showed me the apartment he lived in while he was in school up there. We then rode to Graceland. We didn't go, just rode by.. but you could see Elvis' planes and the mansion from the road. I'm not an Elvis fanatic so that was plenty for me! After the "tour" we met Ben, Alisa, and the kids for lunch at the Germantown Commissary. That is some GOOD BBQ!! We pigged out, then headed back to the house to watch the Bama game (of course!) We played with the kids all throughout the day. Linlee is almost 4 and Connor is 2, so there is never a dull moment around there... makes me wonder if I am ready for this!!!! We ordered in from a steakhouse last night. We had steak, baked potatoes, and salad. Even though I didn't really do much yesterday I was exhausted and in bed by 9:00 last night. Alisa wasn't too far behind me, but Ben and Todd sat up and watched football until about 11:00 before they hit the sack. We got up this morning, had breakfast, showered, packed, and hit the road about 9:30. After a pit stop in Meridian for lunch and grocery shopping we finally got home around 4:00 this afternoon.
It was a fun weekend, but I am soo tired. And on the downside, this compressed nerve is getting worse by the day. As of right now, I can seriously barely walk. I have cried like a baby for the past hour or so it is hurting so bad. I guess I will just have to deal though... either that or I'm going on a hunt for a wheelchair!! haha.
Well that's about it for now!

2 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I can't beleive Todd didn't take you to Beale Street. BBQ sounds good. Sorry about that pain you are having. Hope this isn't a sign that Ava will always be a pain in your butt. Just kidding!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I talked with Sissy last night and she told me about the compressed nerve. I hope it will get better as time goes by. Anyway talk to ya later.