Thursday, December 20, 2007

2 week checkup

Well Ava and I went for our 2 week checkup this morning. Everything was fine with both of us. She gained 1/2 pound!! So that means she now weighs 8 lbs! Our girls growing strong! Dr. Sherman listened to Ava's chest, took a look at her eyes and ears. She does have the beginning of Thrash so the doctor gave us some medicine to clear that up before it gets any worse. We also had to take a trip back to the hospital to Labor and Delivery. Ava had to get her PKU and they also went ahead and removed her umbilical cord clamp since it still hadn't quite fell off. I dont' know if it was the cord removal or the PKU but she was screaming her little head off in there. It was breaking my heart to stand out in the hall and listen to her, since they wouldn't let me go in with her. But as soon as they finished and gave her back to me the tears dried and she was my perfect little angel again.

We also had another house full of visitors yesterday. Papa Mike and Granny P came for another visit. Also, Nana Ginger and Maya came for a visit.

Well Ava is waking up so let me go... More info and pics later!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ava I am sorry that they hurt my little angel at the hospital. Do you want me to go and whip them.

Love Granny P